Thank you Target for sponsoring this post!
Let’s talk about bathrooms. Are we close enough to be able to do that? (answer: ummmm, depends on what aspect of bathrooms you’re wanting to talk about Shannon, you weirdo). K, YES, it’s where all our personal biznass takes place (which is the part we won’t be talking about here, so don’t you worry), but it’s also where a lot of us spend a relatively significant amount of time, especially in the morning when we’re getting ready for the day. I don’t know about you, but from old towels to bare walls, my bathroom has been in need of a serious tune-up. Sooooo: I teamed up with Target to apply some simple, easy, budget friendly tweaks to my bathroom in hopes of making it less dull and stressful and more inspiring and refreshing. Woot!
Here was the BEFORE situation. Not horrible I guess, but if I’m being completely honest with you: we got those towels as a wedding gift, which equals they’re almost five years old (woof) and all the walls in there are just bare as can be. Don’t mind my jammy-clad reflection in the mirror below (haha).
Not any major changes, but new towels, a new rug, adding some things to the walls (including one of my absolute favorite quotes of all time… scroll below to see), a pop-of-color candle and a little more green has made a surprising difference in the vibes I get from this space. And I think that’s the best part: it really doesn’t require a total overhaul of your space to freshen it up and change the vibe. Even small changes go a loooooong way.
Shop the Post
Geo Towels | White hand towels | Rug | Large Canister (the one with Q-tips)| Small Canister (the one with cotton balls) | Soap dish | Candle hurricane | Mango Sorbet Candle | Picture frames | Similar Mirror Here & Here | Succulent Here and Here | ‘Faith Will Get You Everywhere‘ print
A couple other things I’ll be doing to really give this place the makeover it deserves:
- Quick FYI: The canisters didn’t come stacked like that. I bought them separately (they’re linked above) and put the lid to the larger canister on top of the smaller one. I liked the way that looked but couldn’t find an already stacked version, so there’s the work-around!
- Hanging a dry erase board next to the towel rack. Kind of a weird idea maybe, but I’ve wanted to do this for a long time. Most of my best creative and critical thinking goes on either in the shower or while I’m getting ready and don’t have a way to capture it! I’ve always wanted somewhere in the bathroom that t I could quickly jot down thoughts or ideas or things I remembered I need to do, before they’re lost and gone forever! Finally, I bought the dry erase board and now just need to get Chasee to hang it. Woot!
- I need to get a cute toothbrush holder so those can be easily on hand without looking ghetto on the counter.
- I’ll be hanging a pic next to the toilet (another one that I need Chasee to do, but I have the pic!)
- I’ll be adding a pic of my adorable fam in that empty frame above the towels (NBD that I didn’t have time to print that out before I had to take these pics – oops).
And that’s about it! So what do you think guys? Small changes make a difference? Or not so much? They’ve made a difference for ME at least, I can tell you that. I’ve linked to all the cute Target items we used above and you can shop online for ALL of Target’s killer home decor. You can also find most of these items in store. Here’s to a moderately more awesome bathroom!
Find your style @Targetstyle.
Have a Happy Hump Day!
Thanks for reading.