Photos by Jess Onesto
Outfit #1: Hinge Dress | Franco Sarto Sandals | Rebecca Minkoff Bag
Outfit #2: Gibson Top | 7 for All Mankind Jeans | Franco Sarto Sandals | Rebecca Minkoff Bag
All via Trunk Club
Guys, have you heard of Trunk Club? They’ve actually been on my radar for awhile now. I heard about them originally from a well-dressed male co-worker of mine back in my LinkedIn days. I was asking him where he shopped so I could go snag some cute things for my husband (haha), and he told me his secret was Trunk Club!
So what the heck is it? Trunk Club is a personal styling service for men and women, perfect for peeps who are short on time, could use some guidance from a stylist, or for those who are looking to try a new way of shopping for clothes. They are not a subscription service, for the record. There are no subscription fees, and shipping is always free. Woot!
Trunk Club gave me the opportunity to try out their service so I could share my experience with you. After receiving my trunk I set out into San Francisco to enjoy some lovely summer weather we’ve been having lately and give my new items a try.
Here was my overall experience:
- Getting my customized trunk started with filling out a survey online which allowed me to indicate my preferences. I was actually very impressed with the survey. It was detailed enough that I felt like I was able to give a really good idea of what I’d actually wear and not wear (example: I was able to specify that my tops needed to cover my shoulders and skirts or dresses needed to hit at knee length or longer – that kind of thing.). I also got to indicate the price range that I wanted things to fall within, which I really liked. And yet somehow the survey didn’t feel super long or take a year to fill out.
- I then was connected to my stylist, Molly, who was as sweet and wonderful to work with as ever. Communication happened via my personal email and within the Trunk Club portal, making it seamless and easy.
- Once my trunk was curated, I had the opportunity to look at the selected items and either accept or reject them. I really liked this aspect of the process as well. Having the opportunity to do a review of the trunk before it was sent to me made me feel like I was more involved in the selection/curation process. Once I had reviewed the trunk and submitted my feedback, it was almost immediately in the mail being sent my way.
- After receiving the trunk, I got to decide what I’d keep and what I wanted to send back. You only pay for the things you decide to keep.
- My ‘trunk’ came in an actual trunk. Well, an adorable box made to look like a trunk. Wasn’t even mad about that.
- Included were two pairs of jeans, a pair of shoes, four tops, a handbag, and a dress. I was actually kind of shocked at how many things were included in the trunk! I loved that part. It felt like Christmas!
- And my stylist did so well! I honestly liked almost everything in my trunk. There was one top I didn’t feel like I could use, and that was it. Not too shabby considering how many items were included.
- Speaking of which, here are the specific items that were in my trunk – which again was curated by my stylist based on criteria I had specified at the get-go.
- This top, this top, this top and this top.
- This dress.
- These jeans and these jeans.
- This adorable bag.
- This pair of sandals.
- My initial trunk also made me see how I could get super, super addicted to this shopping model. The element of surprise in not knowing exactly what is going to be in your trunk each month is so fun. And, I totally see the value in working with a stylist – especially if you’re short on time. They shoulder the hard part of looking good for you (knowing current trends, sourcing those trends, finding adorable and creative ways to put things together, etc.) so that you don’t have to worry about it! All you have to do is sit and wait for your trunk every month, and bam – you get to look chic and bangin’. Can’t argue with that.Utilizing a stylist also really helps you refine your wardrobe and overall style in my opinion.
My honest conclusion: I totally loved it you guys. Not only was it fun and exciting, it was also easy and solved for so many pain points. It makes it so you don’t have to spend time shopping (if that’s not your bag) or trying to figure out what would look good/what’s in style, etc. I would highly, highly recommend this service to anyone — particularly those who are strapped for time, those who could benefit from a stylist’s guidance and input, and for those who are just interested in trying out a new way of shopping. This is for YOU!
You can sign up for Trunk Club here. Let me know if you have any questions!
P.S. – there’s a giveaway going on my blog here if you’re interested in entering!
Have a Marvelous Monday!
Thanks for reading!