I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve personally been missing me some Style Crush action. So I brought in The Happy Flammily to kick off a reinstatement of the series! Woot woot! Read on for style (and other) tips from a gal who is cute to boot AND knows a thing or two about fashion, food, photography, and parenting. Ay-oh!
1. How would you describe your style?
Casual meets feminine, or as my husband says, “stripey”.
2. Who are your fashion icons?
Say what you want, but I love Taylor Swift’s style!
3. Where do you go for fashion inspiration?
4. What are the top three places you shop?
Target, Forever 21, and Ross
5. What’s your ‘Go-To’ outfit for when you need to get ready in a flash?
Skinny jeans, a simple shirt, and a statement necklace. With either some Chuck’s or boots, depending on the weather.
6. Do you follow trends? If so, what trends excite you at the moment?
I usually just wear whatever I think looks good, if I happen to be one trend, it’s mainly just luck! I’m really loving stripes, pastels, and statement necklaces right now though.
7. Why is the way you look/dress important to you?
For me personally, when I put in the extra thought and time into what I’m going to wear, it makes me feel so much better about myself. Being a mother isn’t always the most glamorous job by any means, but when I feel good about myself, I think it helps my relationships with my family and others.
8. What fashion or styling tips would you give to women who want to improve their sense of style?
I think that adding accessories to any outfit can help accomplish this. I used to think that statement necklaces were crazy and totally not my thing, but Shannon actually gifted me my first one, and I’ve been hooked ever since. They can amplify any basic outfit in a matter of seconds.
9. What made you want to start a blog?
I started my blog almost 3 years ago as a way to document newly wed life right around the time my husband and I were getting married. Over the last couple years I’ve spent a lot of time helping Shannon here and there with things for her blog, and that really inspired me to turn my blog into an all encompassing piece of our lives. Not only documenting the things we do, but our favorite foods and my personal style as well.
10. What are the top three tips you’d give to bloggers wanting to build their following?
Connect with other bloggers through blog comments and local meet-ups. Don’t be afraid to be personal with your audience, and most importantly, be yourself.
11. Anything further you’d like to add?
Shannon has really been a true inspiration to me. I can’t say enough how much I love her, and her blog!
Isn’t she adorable? Be sure to check out The Happy Flammily! Thanks Paigee for letting me crush on you!
Have a Wasabi Wednesday!
Thanks for reading!