Shop the L’Occitane Divine Line
Ok guys – it’s no secret that I LOVE me some L’Occitane. If you read this post, you know how much I love their products (because they’re completely amaze-balls) and the company itself, so much so that I include it in my skincare routine.
It was no surprise then that when I got to try L’Occitane’s Immortelle Divine line – specifically the Divine Eyes, Divine Cream, Divine Youth Oil, and the brand new Divine Cleansing Balm and Cleansing Foam – I absolutely obsessed over those too. After using them as part of my skincare routine, my skin felt soft and hydrated, and it looked glowy and healthy. And the smell… you guys, this stuff smells SO good! Major bonus, as most skin care products I’ve used have more of a clinical smell (#woof).
The Divine formulas use essential oil from the Immortelle plant (which is probably where that lovely smell comes from) because it carries active molecules and ingredients that deliver unique anti-aging beauty results. The blend in these products is designed to fight the signs of aging and give skin a youthful, radiant glow. And YEP! It sure does!
Now, if you’re someone like me who is concerned with the signs of aging and wanting all the preventative power you can get, you not only need incredible skincare routine products (like L’Occitane’s) – you need to be using them correctly so you get the full effect! This past summer, I had the opportunity to visit Provence, France with the L’Occitane team and meet with one of L’Occitane’s Skin Care Specialists. You guys – she shared so many skin care tips that I just did not know! And now, I’m going to share them with YOU. These skincare routine tips combined with L’Occitane’s Divine Formulas — now that’s an anti-aging recipe you can feel real real good about.
Skincare Routine from L’Occitane’s Skin Care Specialist (Lucy!)
- First of all: you should treat your neck and decolletage (chest) like it’s just an extension of your face. Any and all product you put on your face (minus eye cream) should also go on your neck and chest – especially because these areas show signs of aging almost more than the face does! (I def was not doing that before… oops!)
- Cleanser: Double cleanse! To truly get your skin clean, you should cleanse not once, but twice! This ensures that the product you use afterward is fully absorbed and takes full effect. ALSO, Lucy said that when you wash your face in the shower, you should avoid putting your face directly under the shower head, as it’s too harsh for the thin skin on your face and actually accelerates aging. Wowza! Who knew!
- Using face wipes to take off your makeup or cleanser is a NO-NO. They leave a film on your skin and are super harsh. Don’t do it! (whoops… definitely guilty of that one!)
- Toner: leave your skin a bit damp before applying. And don’t forget this step! It’s an important one!
- Note: the Immortelle Divine lotion can actually be used as a toner, as per Lucy, the L’Occitane skin care specialist. 🙂
- Eye Cream: Correct application of eye cream is to tap it on with your ring finger, right along the orbital bone around your eye. Tapping stimulates circulation, and your skin soaks the product up from the orbital bone area. Putting it any closer to your eye is unnecessary and can actually be harmful to the eye.
- The reason an eye cream is necessary as opposed to using just moisturizer is because the particle size of moisturizer is too big for the skin around your eyes. Interesting, right?
- Wipe any excess eye cream onto your 11’s! (Your 11’s are the frown lines in between your eyebrows… a common area to see signs of aging)
- Note: The Divine Eye Cream was so yummy you guys. Thick and creamy and delicious… just like an eye cream should be.
- Lucy also recommended using an eye balm once a week. She said to tap it around the eye, leave it there for 5 minutes, then rinse off. Eye balms help visibly reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness. Um, YES.
- Serum: Using a serum is like going to the gym… the more you use it, the better your results will be.
- Correct serum application: warm it up a bit in your hands, then apply all over the face, neck, and décolletage. Then tap your face, neck and décolletage with your fingers to stimulate circulation.
- Note: Lucy recommended the Harmony Divine Serum from L’Occitane. It’s on the pricier end due to the products it contains, but she stressed how worth it this product is.
- Face Oil: You need less than you think! Two drops for the entire face, neck and decolletage is generally plenty.
- Correct application of face oil: press and roll in hands to warm it up a bit, then press and roll onto face, neck and chest area.
- Note: I got to try the Divine Youth Oil and I loved it. Didn’t feel greasy or slimy on my face, and unlike other face oils I’ve used, it smelled amazing.
- Moisturizer: This should be your last step! You can also mix your moisturizer and your face oil if desired.
- Note: I used the Immortelle Divine Cream and again, just loved it. I feel like it turned me from looking like a dead-face, sleep-deprived mama to a fresh and hydrated mom-boss. 🙂 It has an amazing texture, and I loved the way it felt on my skin (and again – the smell! Yum.).
- Order of skin care application should be as follows: Double cleanse, Toner, Eye cream, Serum, Face Oil, Moisturizer.
You can check out all of L’Occitane’s products HERE. And let me know if you have any questions about L’Occitane skincare routine!
Have a Totes Awesome Tuesday.
Thanks for reading.