Photos by Jess Onesto
Shop the Look
Today is Chasee’s birthday! Happy Birthday to the dreamiest husband in all the land! We’re going to dinner tonight with the kiddos and Chase’s mama, and then headed somewhere fun tomorrow to really get our celebration times on. Woot! Not even mad that it’s almost the weekend!
I didn’t go crazy in the beauty department this year for the NSale. That was partly because we were traveling and by the time we got back from Europe lots of things had already sold out… well ok, that’s the main reason (haha). However, I’m really happy to report that the beauty items that I did purchase, I am literally obsessed with. So I thought I better share them with you!
The 3 Beauty Items I’d Buy from the NSale
- Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick set. Both sets. Guys, have you ever tried Charlotte Tilbury lipstick? I’ll be honest – I hadn’t even really heard of CT prior to just a handful of months ago, but the brand kept coming up and the reviews were so good that I figured I needed to see what the fuss was all about. Needless to say, I’m now a huge fan – particularly of her lipstick. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale includes two different Charlotte Tilbury lipstick sets – the nude set and the perfect pink set. I bought both because that’s how good these colors are. Each set comes with two lipsticks and a lip liner for only $60. Normally one lipstick by itself is $34 and a liner is $22, so it’s a pretty screaming deal. If you’re a lipstick lover, I highly recommend trying these out!
- Viktor&Rolf Flower Bomb Perfume set. This fragrance is probably old news to most of you, but somehow I missed it until recently. Guys, there’s a reason lots of people are obsessed with this scent. It’s so good! Definitely my new favorite. When I saw that there was a set included in the NSale, I of course had to pull the trigger. The sale is for a 1.7 oz bottle and a 1 oz travel bottle for $129 (a $200 value). Not too shabby.
- Cocolux Australia candle set. Specifically the Tonka Bean & Lime Zest scent. These are on sale for $60 (normally $90, yikes), and OK – let’s be honest and address the fact that $60 for two candles is a teeny bit ridiculous. I know. BUT, you guys – these are legit the most amazing smelling candles I have ever encountered. Not kidding. We got them as a birthday gift for my MIL and I immediately turned around and bought them for our house too because I just couldn’t help myself. They’re that delicious. And they look sexy too. So double winning.
That’s it! That’s what I bought from the NSale’s Beauty Exclusives. This and this are sitting in my cart right now too. I’ve seen the Mac lipsticks on someone in person and I was obsessed so might have to get that one, and I’ve heard good things about the brush cleaning mat. I’ve included a couple other wish list items from the Beauty exclusives below. You know the drill – click any image to shop!
A Few Notes About This Outfit:
- Love these jeans. I wore them in this post as well. They’re on sale for $131.90 (regularly $199, eeeek!). And I feel like gray jeans are going to be a hot hot trend for Fall. Size up! I normally wear a 25 and I’m wearing a 26 in these.
- Love this jacket, but if I’m being totally honest I’d tell you to buy this one instead in basically any color you’re lucky enough to find in stock. It’s quite a bit cheaper than the one I have on and just so, so cute. The gray of it is for sure out of stock though, so if gray is what you want and price isn’t as much of a concern, I’d highly recommend this one I have on. It’s super high quality and adorable.
- I bought this top in two other colors as well – the black and the pale blue. Love the sleeves, love the light-weight chiffon type fabric. Just a good classic in my opinion.
- These heels I talked about quite a bit in this post as well, but they’re just real real good. And surprisingly comfy.
- Wearing this lipstick, which I talk about above! 🙂