Ok guys! You asked, I’m finally delivering: Creative ways to organize your jewelry, without breaking the bank. This post has been LONG in coming… don’t worry that I literally took these photos a couple weeks before Jack was born. Before Jack was BORN you guys. He’s ten months old. K so now you know something about the current state of my life. Don’t even ask me how many unanswered emails I have stacked up since he was born (Hundreds. The answer is literally hundreds. Heaven help me).
But back to the point: am I the only person who has walked into The Container Store and salivated over all the beautiful options they have for organizing every single thing you can think of? And then you check the price tags on these gems and immediately poop your pants? Yeah. Me too. I mean, I’m all for being organized, but I don’t want to spend the amount of a couple of my mortgage payments to achieve it. (For the record, I don’t have a mortgage. We live in a cheap, crappy apartment. I just thought it sounded cool to say that.) Anyone else with me? So to avoid breaking your bank (and pooping your pants), here are a few creative, effective and cheap ways to store your jewelry. And btw, I found all these ideas on trusty Pinterest (natch). If you’re not following me on Pinterest, ya should be. Just gonna say it. (am I getting annoying? K I’ll stop.)
- Paper towel rod: stack those suckers on there like it ain’t no thang. The one downer with this storage method – you have to take them all off to access the bracelets. Kind of annoying, but my solution: I only put the bracelets I don’t wear very often on there. The way I store my faves is like this…
- A cute bowl or vase: this is where I store my bracelets that I want to be more easily accessible. Great for holding sunglasses too!
- Perfume bottles: this one might be obvious (everyone does this, right?), but I love stacking bracelets around the tops of my perfume bottles. They bottles themselves are pretty – now they’re pretty and smart.
- A pretty plate: this one may seem kind of random and like it’s not exactly qualifying as ‘storage’, but I’ll tell you what – it looks real real cute. Bonus points if the plate matches the paper towel rod (which ours does. Boom baby!).
For Statement Necklaces
- Free standing toilet paper holder: Yep! Ya heard me right. I said toilet paper holder. Honestly guys this has probs been my favorite jewelry organization hack out of them all. I just put my favorite statement necklaces on the toilet paper holder and voila – good to go. Just don’t over-pack it with necklaces or that thang will topple right over.
- Over-the-door hooks: This is another life-changing hack, in my opinion. For the necklaces I don’t wear quite as often, I hang them on these over-the-door hooks and call it a day. Boom baby.
For Earrings, Rings, and Delicate Necklaces
- Ice cube trays: This, by far, is my favorite jewelry organization/storage method. It has worked like a dream. I keep all my delicate necklaces in an ice cube tray on one side of the drawer, and on the other side, I store my earrings and my rings. Each has its own little ice cube compartment so there’s no fear of losing them, or getting them tangled up with someone else’s…
So there have it! Just some nice little hacks for storing and organizing all you jewelry. What do you think guys? Could any of these ideas work for you too? What the H are YOU doing to store your jewels? Fill us in!
Have a Thank goodness this week is almost over Thursday!
Thanks for reading.
p.s. If you’re one of the dears who commented yesterday on this photo on Instagram, bless you for your kindness. 1-2-3 I’m over it! Here’s to the weekend almost being here!